Trader Joe’s Peri Peri Sauce Recipe is easier to make than you think and is a great way to enjoy this spicy sauce. This recipe is great for using up leftover chicken and shrimp. It is creamy, garlicky, and has a bit of a kick.
This recipe is very versatile and can be served with pasta, rice, or a dipping sauce on your favorite foods. This sauce also goes well with chicken, shrimp, pita chips, and vegetables.
Today I will show how you can prepare this delicious and spicy sauce recipe at home. You might also be surprised to learn that behind this creative name lies a very interesting story related to the origin of Peri Peri Sauce which originated in Mozambique.
How To Prepare Trader Joe’s Peri Peri Sauce Recipe?
As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, the exact recipe for Trader Joe’s Peri Peri Sauce isn’t publicly available since it is a commercially sold product and its recipe is proprietary.
However, I can give you a recipe for a homemade Peri Peri sauce that may taste similar. Peri Peri (also known as Piri Piri) sauce is a Portuguese-African sauce made from peri chilies.
Here’s a simple recipe you can try:
- 6 to 10 fresh Peri Peri or Bird’s Eye chilies (adjust the amount to suit your taste)
- 1 bell pepper (red, for a slightly sweeter sauce, or green, for a more savory sauce)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon of sugar or honey (optional)
- Chop the chilies, bell pepper, garlic, and onion into chunks. If you’re sensitive to heat, you can deseed the chilies.
- Put all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until it becomes a smooth sauce.
- Pour the sauce into a saucepan and bring it to a simmer over medium heat.
- Lower the heat and let the sauce simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more salt, pepper, or sugar/honey as needed.
- Allow the sauce to cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container.
It should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Nutrition Facts Of Trader Joe’s Peri Peri Sauce Recipe
- Calories 172
- Total Fat 7 g
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 596 mg
- Potassium 0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8 g
- Fiber 2 g
- Sugars 5 g
- Protein 18 g
6 Health Benefits Of Trader Joe’s Peri Peri Sauce Recipe
1. Trader Joe’s Peri Peri Sauce Recipe is rich in Vitamin A, Thiamin, Niacin, Vitamin B2 or Riboflavin, Calcium, Iron, and Amino Acids.
2. Trader Joe’s Peri Peri Sauce Recipe plays a crucial role in maintaining blood sugar levels.
3. This sauce is low in saturated fats and can help reduce the risk of heart disease.
4. This is a good source of antioxidants that help protect your body from cell damage and diseases.
5. Trader Joe’s Peri Peri Sauce Recipe can help keep your body healthy with essential vitamins and minerals.
6 . This sauce helps maintain cholesterol levels.
Various Uses Of Trader Joe’s Peri Peri Sauce Recipe
1 . You can use this sauce as a marinade for chicken or fish or reduce the amount of oil to make it less greasy.
2. You can use this sauce topping for your favorite grilled food (i.e., onion rings, steaks, sausages, etc.).
3. Try this sauce at a picnic or on the patio with family and friends. Peri Peri Sauce Recipe is also perfect as an appetizer or dip for your favorite French fries and other snack foods like onion rings, mozzarella sticks, and chicken nuggets. Put your dipping sauce in a very decorative bottle to add a touch of elegance to your next party.
4. You can put this sauce on bagels, cheese, and chicken. This is also the perfect sauce for grilled salmon or chicken sandwiches.
5 . You can use this Trader Joe’s Peri Peri Sauce Recipe as a marinade to make your own Peri Peri Chicken Wings or any other type of chicken wings.
Can you use Trader Joe’s peri sauce as a marinade?
Trader Joe’s peri peri sauce is commonly used as a dipping sauce (in various forms) in Western African and Caribbean cuisines. Trader Joe’s peri peri sauce can also be used as a marinade for chicken wings or other poultry dishes.
What can I use peri peri sauce for?
Trader Joe’s Peri Peri Sauce Recipe is a delicious and versatile sauce; however, it can be used for many purposes. Let’s look at some of the most common ways this sauce can be used:
- You can use this as a marinade for chicken wings, breasts, and fish. Peri Peri Sauce Recipe is particularly good for marinating chicken wings because of the delicious blend of spices and garlic. Trader Joe’s Peri Peri Sauce Recipe is great for marinating fish or seafood. The best part about this marinade is that it can be used straight from the refrigerator.
- You can use this sauce as a dipping sauce for your favorite snack foods you like to enjoy with your friends and family. French fries, onion rings, mozzarella sticks, chicken nuggets, and other foods make a perfect companion to Trader Joe’s peri peri sauce.
Trader Joe’s peri peri sauce price
Trader Joe’s Peri Peri Sauce Recipe is available at Trader Joe’s for $2.29. Many fans of this sauce said it is a must-try for those looking for an excellent marinade or dipping sauce with an African spice blend.
The Bottom Line
Trader Joe’s Peri Peri Sauce Recipe is a delicious sauce that is easy to prepare and can be found at Trader Joe’s. The best part about this product is that it can fit any occasion or dietary restriction.
Trader Joe’s peri peri sauce is a common dipping sauce for French fries and other snack foods. Trader Joe’s is a great company that highly values its customers and keeps them updated with all the latest products for which you will be able to shop at Trader Joe’s.