Sauce Arturo Recipe is a sweet tomato sauce infused with the flavors of dried basil, oregano, and spicy chiles. It has become a staple in Sicilian cuisine and is especially popular as a condiment on pasta dishes.
The sauce is sometimes also served over polenta or as an appetizer. Because it’s so versatile, you will find this sauce often on sale, frozen in jars at supermarkets.
This sauce is also popular in America as a topping on pizza. It is very simple, and even children can prepare it easily. The key ingredients are tomato, onion, garlic, and a blend of dried herbs.
How To Prepare Sauce Arturo Recipe?
To begin making it, chop the onion and crush the garlic. This sauce doesn’t use a roasting pan or a food processor. It is made simply with a frying pan and a wooden spoon.
- Tomatoes – 4 cans (20oz)
- Onion – 1 small
- Garlic – 2 to 4 cloves
- Oregano – 1 tbsp [or more]
- Dried Basil – 1 tbsp [or more]
- Cayenne Pepper – A little pinch [more]
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large frying pan, sauté the onion and garlic in oil until almost brown. Add the tomatoes, oregano, basil, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper [to taste].
2. Cook for about 15 minutes over very low heat.
3. This sauce can also be served over pasta or on top of grilled chicken or fish. It is delicious with polenta as well.
Nutrition Facts Of Sauce Arturo Recipe
This sauce is not only delicious but is also nutritious. It has a good amount of vitamin C and is high in fiber.
Because tomatoes are a good source of beta-carotene, this sauce helps fight off cancer and heart disease.
- Calories: 246
- Total Fat: 3.5 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 2,413 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 23 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
Amazing 7 Health Benefits Of Sauce Arturo Recipe
1. This sauce contains vitamin C, which helps form collagen; this is necessary for maintaining healthy teeth and bones, blood vessels, and skin.
2. It is also a good source of vitamin A which helps the body fight off infections like measles and chicken pox. It also has antioxidant properties that can help protect against cancer, heart disease, and cataracts.
3. It is a good source of fiber which helps stimulate the digestive system and lower cholesterol.
4. It boosts energy and helps regulate your blood sugar levels.
5. This sauce has a host of other nutrients, including calcium, vitamin K, vitamin B1, and folic acid, that help make bones healthy and prevent osteoporosis.
6. It has almost no fat and cholesterol and is a good source of protein.
7. It contains choline, which helps prevent liver, kidney, and heart diseases.
Cooking Tips While Making Sauce Arturo Recipe
1. While sautéing the onion, garlic, and tomato, ensure you don’t burn them. You can use low heat for the first few minutes of cooking and then increase it after the onion becomes translucent, so it browns nicely without burning.
2. You can add a little sugar and the sauce to make it sweeter.
3. It is important to chop the vegetables before cooking. While chopping the vegetables, you must keep them in medium-sized pieces, so they are easy to chew and digest.
4. Adding sugar is optional, but if you choose to do so, it is best to add it near the end of cooking so that it doesn’t burn and get lumpy.
Can I eat Sauce Arturo Recipe When In Diet?
This sauce is made from various vegetables, including tomatoes and onions. Tomatoes are an excellent source of antioxidants, potassium, folate, and vitamin C.
Onions have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and help lower blood cholesterol. Therefore yes, you can eat this sauce when on a diet.
Is Sauce Arturo Recipe Healthy?
Yes, this sauce is healthy. It comprises 100% natural ingredients with no added preservatives or artificial flavors.
The Bottom Line
This sauce is quick and easy to prepare, not to mention delicious. Whether you eat it with pasta or as a topping on a pizza, it will satisfy your taste buds and your appetite.
This is a sauce that is a must-have in every Italian’s kitchen. Even if you don’t like tomato sauce, give this one a try: it’s delicious!
So… have you tried this sauce yet? If you’ve ever been curious to try it, I’m sure you’ll love it!