Open pit bbq sauce recipe is a tortilla chip dip recipe that takes less than 10 minutes to whip up. It is a quick and easy recipe that is perfect for a party, as an appetizer, or even as part of your lunch spread.
The best part is it will blend in with any finger food, so you can feel comfortable serving it anytime and anywhere.
This recipe yields about 3 cups of sauce, but the quantities are easily doubled or halved depending on how many people you make this for.
How To Prepare Open Pit Bbq Sauce Recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- Mixing bowl
- Large Spoon
- Kitchen Towel
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp prepared mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
1. In a mixing bowl, blend the ketchup, vegetable oil, cider vinegar, brown sugar, prepared mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic salt.
2. Add the black pepper. Pour the ingredients into the bowl at low speed so you don’t get any lumps.
3. Stir well, ensure all ingredients are blended in properly, and ensure no sugar is left on the sides of the bowl.
4. Transfer the sauce to a clean bowl or glass jar and cover. Refrigerate until ready to use.
5. Serve with chips or bread sticks.
Nutrition Facts Of Open Pit Bbq Sauce Recipe
- Calories: 93.8
- Total Fat: 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3.4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 174 mg
- Potassium: 34 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.5 g
- Sugars: 9.7 g
- Protein: 0
12 Amazing Serving Ideas About Open Pit Bbq Sauce Recipe
1. Open pit bbq sauce recipe is perfect to use as a sauce for hot dogs and burgers.
2. Open pit bbq sauce is great as a dipping sauce for baked potatoes, chicken, or even fish and chips.
3. You can even use it as condiments for vegetables like tortilla chips, lettuce, and melon slices.
4. Open-pit bbq sauce is perfect for a marinade for BBQ grilled or smoked chicken.
5. You can also use open-pit bbq sauce to dip in a bowl of warm tortilla soup.
6. You can even use this recipe as a part of your main dressing for salads, vegetables, fish, or chicken.
7. It is also delicious to dip vegetables in it, or if you use it as a sauce.
8. You can also pour it over your baked pasta dishes and meatballs.
9. You can even use it to marinate your beef steaks, chicken breasts, and pork chops so they will have a burst of flavor while they cook on the grill or griddle on the stove.
10. You can also use open pit bbq sauce recipe as a marinade if you make beef, chicken, pork chops, or even hamburgers.
11. Open pit bbq sauce recipe is an ingredient you can use to flavor your meatballs, meatloaf, and even breakfast items like eggs and peppers – added salsa, onions, and eggs are all foods that you can marinate in open pit bbq sauce recipe.
12. You can use it to make beef, chicken, or salmon dishes like fish tacos and enchiladas. Choose toppings and place them on the tortillas as you see fit.
Is It Good For Diabetics?
This recipe contains healthy nutrients for a diabetic person. If you are on a low-carb diet, this is a great recipe because it helps you maintain your blood sugar level.
Is It Good For Weight Loss?
If you are on a low-fat diet, this is a great recipe because it has no fat content. Also, if you are trying to lose weight and stay healthy at the same time, this is a great recipe for you to try out.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
This recipe contains ingredients that are good for your heart, like the ketchup – which helps lower bad cholesterol levels in your blood, promotes good ones, and helps prevent plaque buildup in your arteries (blood vessels).
The best part about this recipe is that it is rich in flavor and leaves a tangy taste in your mouth. You will also love it because it is easy to make, and there are no complex ingredients you will have to buy at the store.
Just make sure you follow the recipe directions and throw in a little dash of your creativity because, after all, making recipes your way makes cooking even more fun.