Old bay hot sauce recipes are great for spicing up any dish using local ingredients.
This is a great way to enjoy the Eastern North Carolina coast without ever going there!
The recipes in this post will show you how to make your versions of the delicious hot sauces you know and love.
Several recipes here will also show you how to make the hot sauce that is unique and personal to you!
This Old bay hot sauce recipe is a great way to increase the flavor of all foods.
You can add this to cooking or dipping sauce for a great kick to your meal every time.
Your friends, family, co-workers, and guests will never know what hit them until it’s too late.
How to make Old bay hot sauce recipes?
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Making time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 cup
Ingredients For Old Bay Hot Sauce Recipes
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 3 dashes of black pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- Water (for soaking the peppers)
- 1 cup hot sauce (I use the homemade version, but you can forgo this step.)
Makes FOr Old Bay Hot Sauce Recipes
1. Puree the brown sugar, onion powder, garlic, Old Bay, cumin, and paprika in a food processor or blender until smooth.
2. Add in the basil and black pepper; continue to process to combine.
3. Store in an airtight container, such as a pint jar or canning jar, and use as needed.
Nutrition facts of Old bay hot sauce recipes
- Calories: 40 calories
- Sodium: 100mg (1/4 tsp)
- Carbs: 5 grams
- Protein: 0g
Amazing 7 Health Benefits of Old bay hot sauce recipes
Here are 7 benefits of the Old Bay:
1. Immune system
This compound has been shown to lower your body’s interleukin production. Essentially, it helps you to detoxify and consume more healthy foods in your diet.
It is known to prevent cancer by increasing the production of T-Cells and improving T Cell function and activity.
This product has been shown to improve your iron levels and prevent Anemia in both men and women.
The more iron you have, the less likely you are to feel exhausted or sluggish, and the more capable your body is of fighting off bacteria and viruses in the body.
4. Varicose veins
Old Bay can be easily mixed with water to treat varicose veins without any problem at all.
It helps in the prevention of varicose veins. It is very effective in treating varicose veins around the ankles.
5. Postpartum recovery
Old Bay effectively reduces postpartum bleeding and promotes faster healing after birth.
In some women, it can help to end a postpartum hemorrhage caused by uterine atony (the uterus relaxes too much and does not contract).
6. Tired of smelling
Old Bay is an effective deodorant that helps eliminate bad body odor.
7. Lose weight
Old Bay is also a powerful appetite suppressant and helps reduce your intake of unhealthy foods.
Old bay hot sauce shrimp recipe
Old bay hot sauce shrimp recipe is a delicious and healthy way to add flavor to your favorite dish.
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup chili sauce
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons paprika
1 pound small, peeled and deveined shrimp (16-20 count)
1. Mix the olive oil, chili sauce, garlic, and pepper in a small bowl.
2. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add the shrimp to the mixture and toss to coat.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
5. Serve with hot, buttered French bread or over a bed of greens.
Old bay hot sauce recipes are one of the best ways to spice up any recipe or meal.
These recipes show the versatility of this great product. It can be added to various dishes and meals for an extra kick, flavor, and nutritious value.
The Old Bay is a seasoning that spices up anything from seafood to meat.
This seasoning creates a great flavor, and I love experimenting with it in different dishes.
It is a salty blend of high-quality spices, which is great because it is preservative-free for the most part.
This article helps you make sense of this great product’s wide varieties and uses.