Mission bbq sauce recipes are a great way to get your barbecue sauce right and add many flavors. Some good examples might be Carolina mustard sauce, Jr.’s honey mustard or a nice jalapeno bbq sauce. For any of those recipes, there are many ways to implement the ingredients when making the large batch of Mission Bbq Sauce. This will provide the best results for you and your family.
The ones I have listed below all use some of the basic ideas and ingredients in the above recipes to help make your sauce. Most of these recipes call for making a larger batch of sauce at first, refrigerating it while it cools, and using a portion of the mixture in place of another bbq sauce when cooking. This is also good advice with other sauces as well.
This sauce helps you in two ways. It can be used as the base for many other sauces, and it can also be used as a dipping sauce for meat that has already been cooked. It also goes well over vegetables and tofu. This is a combination of the above recipes and helps to give you a starting point for making your sauces.
How to make Mission bbq sauce recipes?
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 40 min
Total time: 55 min
Serving: 3 cups
- 2 qt. tomato sauce
- 1 can Hunt tomato paste (not the pasta kind)
- 1/4 oz. onion powder
- 1/4 oz. garlic powder
- 1/8 oz. smoked paprika (optional)
- 1oz dried onion flakes
- ground black pepper to taste (should be about 1 tsp.)
- 1.5 tsp. salt (or to your liking)
- 1.5 tsp. Sugar (or to your liking)
1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients (except the tomato sauce) and mix thoroughly
2. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer on low for 1 hour. Let cool slightly before using.
3. After the mixture has cooled down completely, place it in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add more water as needed to thin out the mixture as desired. [This is why I like to make a large batch at first]
4. Pour the mixture into a large container with a tight lid and store it at room temperature. [I used a gallon-size mason jar, and it worked well]
5. Use as bbq sauce or use to reserve as a dip. The sauce will keep refrigerated in the jar for up to 6 months.
Nutrition facts for Mission bbq sauce recipes
- Calories: 291
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Sodium: 803mg
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Protein: 2g
- Potassium: 500mg
- Calcium: 9mg
Amazing 7 Serving Ideas for Mission bbq sauce recipes
Here are 7 ways to use the Mission bbq sauce recipes I have given you above.
1. Served with any grilled meat
Mission bbq sauce recipes go well with grilled meat such as chicken, pork, or beef. It can be used as a dipping sauce by combining it with a little water and brushing it on while cooking.
It is also good to use in place of a store-bought bbq sauce. You can put some of the Mission bbq sauce recipes in a mason jar and write on the lid what it is so you can use it repeatedly for different types of meats.
2. As a dip for grilled vegetables
When I say grilling vegetables, I am referring to the normal stuff you would grill outside like zucchini, eggplant, and potatoes. You can use the Mission bbq sauce recipes as a dipping sauce for these vegetables. If you want to make this special, substitute some of your vegetable oils for mustard oil and use it as the dipping sauce.
3. It is also good for dipping grilled tofu
This idea may require a little more work as you must marinade the tofu before cooking. This idea is similar to the other two but adds a little variety.
4. Great with potatoes and in potato salad
If you like potatoes, there is no better way to eat them than by making them into a potato salad or having them as another side dish. You can use Mission bbq sauce recipes with other sauces and make your version of a Russian dressing by substituting the mayonnaise for Miracle Whip.
5. A good idea for hot dogs
You can either grill the hot dogs first and then add the Mission bbq sauce recipes as a topping, or you can put some on a bun and make your mini-hamburgers out of them. Either way works well.
6. Mix with hamburgers on the BBQ
This is an idea that I have not tried myself, but I think it helps to make a good burger. The idea is to add some Mission bbq sauce recipes when cooking and before putting the meat on the bun. This will help your bun stay moist and add a lot of flavors.
You can then make your burger buns, or you can use store-bought buns. I recommend using some whole grain or a sprouted grain option if you use store-bought buns.
7. Use with hamburger patties and fried chicken to make a sandwich
If you have made one of the Mission bbq sauce recipes and filled it with ingredients such as fried chicken or hamburger patties, then this is the time to mix them up and make a sandwich. If you use store-bought buns, it is not a big deal, but I would still try to make your own buns.
Mission bbq sauce recipes can be made with a lot of different ingredients and recipes, so I only gave you three of them. There are many other ways to make your own sauces, and these should get you started in the right direction.
This article helps you understand the importance of making your bbq sauce and how to make it at home. It also teaches you about Mission bbq sauce, its uses, how to make the red bbq sauce, and how to store it.