Kings bbq sauce recipe is a must-have in every barbecue sauce collection. The sauce is a combination of sweet and spicy and perfect on chopped chicken, ribs, or shrimp. It’s best served warm.
Kings bbq sauce recipe may seem like a staple ingredient to the Kings team when brainstorming new recipes in the Kings kitchen – but they never make it all at once because it just isn’t that easy!
Plus, everyone loves sharing their family recipe, which is why our website contains hundreds of other foodie-friendly recipes.
Kings bbq sauce is a great favorite at my family barbecue. I like to make it in large batches to keep it on hand. My grandchildren love the Kings bbq sauce recipe as much as we do!
How to make Kings bbq sauce recipe?
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
Makes: 1 cup
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced (about 1 small onion)
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced (about 1 small green bell pepper)
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced (about 2 large cloves of garlic)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder – or to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin – or to taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce – or to taste
- 2 tablespoons water, or to taste
- 1/4 cup tomato paste, mixed with 2 tablespoons of water (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce (optional)
1. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and sauté onions and peppers. Add garlic and sauté for less than 1 minute. Stir in chili powder, cumin, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and water to create a thick consistency. Remove from heat and mix with tomato paste mixture (if using). Stir until combined well.
2. Return to medium heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes, occasionally stirring, until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat and allow the sauce to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition fact of Kings bbq sauce recipe
- Calories: 21
- Fat: 1 g
- Saturated fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 360 mg
- Carbs: 2 g
- Sugar: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 0 g
Amazing 7 Serving Ideas for Kings bbq sauce recipe
Here are 7 serving ideas for the Kings bbq sauce recipe:
1. Served with cooked shrimp and rice:
Kings bbq sauce recipe is a perfect pair for cooked shrimp. The sauce is great for marinating and grilling shrimp at your next barbecue. A combination of long grain rice and Kings bbq sauce recipe is a great side dish to serve with grilled chicken or ribs, so dig in at your next barbecue!
2. Over hot dogs:
If you can’t get enough of the Kings bbq sauce recipe, it makes a great topping for hotdogs. Try serving the hotdogs on their own, over a bun, or on top of baked potatoes.
3. Serve with grilled chicken:
Serve Kings bbq sauce recipe with grilled chicken for a quick and easy meal any day of the week! Not only is it delicious, but it’s also an easy example of how to use these recipes as a simple meal idea, bring them to your next barbecue, and make it interesting with some added extras such as mashed potatoes or baked beans.
4. Serve with red beans and rice:
A delicious combination of Kings bbq sauce recipe and red beans is a perfect side dish for the next barbecue. You can also serve it with rice, which is an extra-tasty bonus. Try serving this combination over a bed of greens or topped with grilled chicken.
5. Salsa dip:
If you love tomatoes and salsa, try this recipe as a salsa dip to put on your next pizza party or as a great topping for baked potatoes. This dip is also great for your next barbecue because it goes well with chicken and shrimp.
6. Serve with roast:
If you’re having a special Kings bbq sauce recipe party and have a larger amount of the Kings bbq sauce recipe, consider adding it to your roast beef or other red meat. A delicious and simple way to serve this sauce is on beans that are already cooked and ready to eat, so add some beans to the mix for a tasty meal idea for your family.
7. Serve with sandwiches:
If you are having a crowd over and want to serve Kings bbq sauce recipe with something other than chips, then a sandwich is a good option. The recipe balances nicely with any meat and cheese combination you can think of. Try serving it with hot dogs, roast beef, hamburgers, and more.
Kings bbq sauce recipe is a perfect pairing for any meat and goes great on hot dogs, sandwiches, or even as a salsa dip. You can use it on almost anything and serve it with almost anything else. It’s a favorite at my house, and I hope your family enjoys this classic Kings recipe just as much as we do.
This article helps you to choose the best sauce for your BBQ. Many people ask about this recipe because they have trouble substituting it with low-quality sauce.