Kim Do Sauce Recipe is one of my favorite sauces. You can use it for different dishes, and it’s really easy to make – plus, you’ll have lots of leftovers if you’re cooking for a crowd.
I got this recipe from my Korean grandmother when she first moved to the United States. I can’t remember how it was originally, but this is how we’ve been making it for a long time now.
This sauce has a great balance of sweet and spicy with a nice tangy finish that you’ll love! It’s perfect for serving over noodles or rice, on fried chicken or fish, in bean paste soup, as a dipping sauce for dumplings, or just on its own.
How To Prepare Kim Do Sauce Recipe?
It’s easy to prepare, with only a few ingredients. You have to add the ingredients to a pot and simmer them for a while before you serve it.
Equipment For Kim Do Sauce Recipe:
- Stainless steel sauce pot
- Mortar and pestle
- 2 measuring spoons
- Measuring cup (1 cup, 1/2 cup, or 1/4 cup)
- Strainer (optional but recommended)
Ingredients For Kim Do Sauce Recipe:
- 2 handfuls of potato starch
- 2 lb ground beef (or better yet, beef mince)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (I use dark soy sauce)
- 3 green onions, chopped finely
- 1 clove of garlic, minced (about half a teaspoon)
- 3 tablespoons of water
Note: If the water is too hot, you can substitute it with cold water. Heat the oil over medium heat.
Step-1: Cook the meat with the potatoes and other ingredients in a large pot.
Step-2: When the meat is cooked, strain it through a sieve and strain the potatoes.
Step-3: Put all ingredients together, and simmer on low heat for one hour or until thickened.
Add more water if needed. Stir constantly. Let the sauce cool before using it. Remove any meat and fat floating bits, and the sauce will be ready to use!
Nutrition Facts Of Kim Do Sauce Recipe
- Serving size: 1/4 cup (113g)
- Calories: 200
- Protein: 20.0g (20%)
- Carbs: 18.0g (11%)
- Fat: 11.0g (12%)
- Fiber: 0.0g
4 Benefits of Eating Kim Do Sauce Recipe
1. The sauce is tangy and sweet, with a spicy kick. It’s perfect for serving over noodles or rice and great to toss with fried chicken or fish.
2. It’s pretty simple to cook this dish, and it’ll be the star of the party. Nobody will want to eat out for dinner when you can make this delicious dish at home!
3. You get many leftovers from making a big batch. This sauce is also great to keep in the fridge and use as a dipping sauce for dumplings, as it gets better with age.
4. This is one of my grandmother’s all-time favorite recipes, and she’s been making it for more than half her life.
How Long will It Take To Prepare?
Prep time: 5-15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour (including cooking and cooling)
How To Store This Sauce?
It’s best to store this sauce in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to 2 months in the fridge. If you freeze it, let it thaw completely and mix well before using.
This Kim Do Sauce Recipe is delicious, special, and easy to make! You can use this recipe for several dishes, and it’s great for potluck dinners because you’ll have lots of leftovers.
It’s also great to make on the weekend and freeze for future use. I usually keep a bottle with me, and when I need to use it for something special, I only have to add water, heat it and add some green onions and it’s ready in no time!