Jim’s spaghetti sauce recipe is a recipe for my favorite spaghetti sauce. It’s adapting from an old family recipe.
But I like to make it a little more modern by adding more vegetables and lightening up on the sugar. It’s perfect for spaghetti or pasta, but it’s especially good on penne.
This is my favorite way to serve spaghetti or penne. It’s simple, ultra-easy, and good.
How To Prepare Jim’s Spaghetti Sauce Recipe?
Jim’s spaghetti sauce recipe is pretty easy. It just requires a little chopping, then cooking on the stovetop for about 45 minutes.
I like to make mine in two batches to split it and make one batch spicier than the other. That way, I can serve everyone their taste.
This recipe makes enough for 6 to 8 people.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 45 min
Total Time: 55 min
- Pan With A Lid
- Sharp Chef’s Knife
- 1 Large Onion
- 4 Cloves Of Garlic
- 2 Green Bell Peppers (Or 1 Red And 1 Green)
- 1 Small Can Of Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of dried basil
- 2 tablespoons of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Chop the onions and garlic. Cut the bell peppers, remove the seeds and membrane, then chop. Make sure to wash and dry your knife after every vegetable you chop to avoid cross-contamination.
2. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pan over medium-high heat until melted and very hot, but not smoking (don’t burn it). Add the onion, garlic, bell peppers, diced tomatoes (with juice), water, brown sugar, salt, and spices. Mix well.
3. cover the pan and allow it to come to a simmer. after 5 minutes, remove the cover, stir, and put it back on.
4. turn the heat down to medium-low and let it cook for about another 40 minutes with the lid off. You want it to be nice and thick.
Nutrition Facts Of Jim’s Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- Calories: 348.5
- Calories From Fat: 180.4
- Total Fat: 20.9g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 46mg
- Sodium: 594mg
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Sugars: 19g
- Protein: 2.1g
- Iron: 4.2mg
8 Amazing Serving Ideas For Jim’s Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
1. Jim’s spaghetti sauce recipe goes great on penne and other pasta. It’s also one of my favorite ways to serve spaghetti or penne.
2. Jim’s spaghetti sauce is also a great way to top pizza (especially with mozzarella cheese).
3. Jim’s spaghetti sauce is awesome on a low-carb tortilla wrap sandwiched between some lettuce and tomato slices with some grated cheese (or crumbled bacon).
4. Jim’s spaghetti sauce is also a great dip for french fries.
5. Jim’s spaghetti sauce is awesome on tacos, nachos, and more!
6. Jim’s spaghetti sauce goes amazing on top of grilled chicken and is sprinkled with black pepper and parsley (like this meal).
7. Jim’s spaghetti sauce is great over rice.
8. and finally, Jim’s spaghetti sauce recipe is a great sauce to make meatloaf (like this meal). It would help if you tried it at least once.
How To Store Jim’s Spaghetti Sauce Recipe?
Jim’s spaghetti sauce can easily be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. You can also freeze the extra portions of Jim’s spaghetti sauce.
But you may want to add an extra tablespoon of tomato paste before freezing, as it tends to lose some color when frozen and thawed.
How Long Does This Recipe Last?
Jim’s spaghetti sauce can last up to 2 months if stored in an airtight container or sealed container (like a freezer bag). You can also store the extra portions of Jim’s spaghetti sauce in the refrigerator for 1 week.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Because of the large number of onions and garlic, this recipe is not recommended for people with kidney problems or high blood pressure. Also, this recipe may trigger a reaction if you suffer from allergies or asthma.
Jim’s spaghetti sauce recipe is a delicious and unique way to serve spaghetti or penne. It’s easy, requires no attention, and tastes fantastic.
It’s simple, ultra-easy, and good. This recipe is not just for spaghetti lovers; it’s for pasta lovers in general!
If you like Jim’s spaghetti sauce, please rate the recipe and leave a comment! Thanks so much for reading this post until the last line! I hope that you’ll give it a try.