Jimmy’s Satay Sauce Recipe is a family favorite, and it’s the perfect way to prepare chicken satay. This is a simple recipe that tastes complex and exotic.
Angie likes this one because she can add an extra step of cooking the peanut butter with brown sugar before adding it to the mixture, which helps thicken it up nicely. It’s also pretty easy if you have a second person available to help out with chopping.
How To Prepare Jimmy’s Satay Sauce Recipe?
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
2. Let simmer until it thickens and bubbles.
3. Check the consistency for a few minutes before removing it from the heat and serving.
Prepare Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 5 min
Total Time: 15 min
Nutrition Facts Of Jimmy’s Satay Sauce Recipe
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 107.4
- Total Fat: 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 441.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.2 g
- Sugars: 4.1 g
10 Health Benefits Of Jimmy’s Satay Sauce Recipe
Satay sauce is a very popular dipping sauce in many Asian countries, including Thailand. It’s made with peanut butter, garlic, soy sauce, and other ingredients and used as a marinade for barbecued chicken.
1. Satay sauce is rich in dietary fiber, which keeps the bowels working properly and prevents constipation and other gastrointestinal problems. Fiber also aids digestion by adding bulk to our food, which means that it takes longer to digest and doesn’t spike blood sugar as quickly.
2. Satay sauce is a good source of many essential nutrients, including calcium, niacin, and vitamin E.
3. It can be used as a marinade for meat or chicken to help tenderize it before cooking it.
4. It can be used as a salad dressing to add extra flavor and texture to your greens and vegetables.
5. Satay sauce can be used as a dip for sandwiches or heated up for use as a sauce in which to cook other ingredients, including fish or chicken.
6. It has been traditionally used to treat several health conditions, including parasites with digestive problems and bronchitis, due to its antioxidants.
7. It’s even used to help kill parasites in cats and dogs.
9. It can be eaten on its own as a snack or served with sandwiches, appetizers, or salads, depending on how you want to use it.
How To Eat Jimmy’s Satay Sauce Recipe?
1. Coat the chicken pieces with the satay sauce and place them in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before cooking them.
2. Cook them for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
3. Serve with a vegetable side dish, and enjoy!
How To Make Jimmy’s Satay Sauce Recipe?
Notes: Add more soy sauce for a saltier version or more brown sugar for a sweeter flavor or thicker texture. Refrigerate the satay sauce in a jar with a cover, and it will last up to 2 weeks. You can also freeze it in an airtight container, and it will last up to 3 months.
How to enhance the taste of satay sauce?
You can add spices such as cumin seeds and fresh hot green chili pepper to the peanut butter mixture for more flavor.
Eggplant is a favorite of Angie because it has a nice smoky flavor similar to bacon. She likes to saute it with some olive oil and red chilies. It tastes great with the peanut sauce and is a healthy alternative to high-fat pork.
Kathy has a friend named Jerry who loves eggplant more than any other food under the sun. He has even been known to take an eggplant dish over something he likes if there’s no eggplant in sight! He grills eggplants until they are nice and soft, then adds them to his favorite foods, like tacos and sandwiches.
The Bottom Line
Jimmy’s Satay Sauce Recipe is a family favorite, and it’s the perfect way to prepare chicken satay. This is a simple recipe that tastes complex and exotic. Angie likes this one because she can add an extra step of cooking the peanut butter with brown sugar before adding it to the mixture.
Which helps thicken it up nicely. It’s also pretty easy if you have a second person available to help out with chopping.
I hope you will love this recipe to prepare Jimmy’s Satay Sauce Recipe at home. If you like this recipe, please share it with your friends at home.