Jerk bbq sauce recipe is an interesting topic that many people may be searching for. In this article, I will go through the steps to making a jerk bbq sauce recipe and what makes a jerk bbq sauce recipe different from other sauces.
I will also include some of the ingredients that are used to make a jerk bbq sauce recipe and why these ingredients should be included in the recipe. I will also discuss how this recipe may be tweaked depending on personal taste and preference.
The jerk bbq sauce is extremely popular in Jamaica, traditionally used with jerk chicken. It is possible to use jerk bbq sauce while cooking other meats such as seafood, pork, or beef, but it also makes a great marinade for poultry.
How To Prepare Jerk Bbq Sauce Recipe?
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 tbsp mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup dark rum or kirsch
- 3 tbsp brown sugar or sucanat or organic sugar
- ½ teaspoon allspice, ground
- ¼ cup brown vinegar (or white vinegar)
1) In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well. I prefer to use a whisk so that I can make sure everything is combined well.
2) Pour in the vinegar, stir, add the rum and mix again.
3) Add the oil, stir again, and then add the cucumber juice. Stir the mixture to combine well. If a thick sauce like this is desired, add more rum or vinegar.
4) Store in a sealed container for up to 6 months using an airtight seal.
Nutrition Facts Of Jerk Bbq Sauce Recipe
- Calories: 60
- Fat: 3 gm
- Protein: 1 gm
- Carbohydrates: 10 gm
- Fiber: 0 mg
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 5 mg
8 Amazing Serving Ideas About Jerk Bbq Sauce Recipe
1. It is great as a marinade for pork chops or chicken. After the meat has been marinated, it can be baked or grilled.
2. Jerk bbq sauce recipe will also work well as a sauce for pulled pork or shredded chicken sandwiches. It would be an amazing sandwich to serve at a backyard party.
3. A jerk bbq sauce recipe would be a good addition to your favorite white chicken chili recipes.
4. Who said you couldn’t use the jerk bbq sauce recipe on other types of meat? The sauce is added to a beef stew for an extra level of interest in this recipe.
5. Jerk bbq sauce would be great as an accompaniment to any pork dish or beef dish, but I especially love it with pork, and if you love Caribbean cuisine as I do, then you should make this dish a priority.
6. Jerk bbq sauce recipe can be used to make jerk chicken wings.
7. Jerk bbq sauce recipe is also great as a marinade for shrimp as it makes a great dipping sauce for shrimp cocktail.
8. Jerk bbq sauce recipe may even be used on your favorite eggs or omelets if you want to get creative with it. It would be a delicious ingredient in an omelet, especially one of the tropical varieties.
Is It Good to Eat?
I love the flavor of this jerk bbq sauce recipe, but I wouldn’t say I like when the type of sugar used in a recipe affects its flavor. I prefer to use syrup or jam that includes organic cane sugar.
The brown sugar adds a bit of a darker color and flavoring to the sauce and may also provide some additional sweetness to the dish, so it may be worth using.
Is It Good For Pregnant Women?
A jerk bbq sauce recipe can be a good choice if pregnant as it is a less-processed marinade and does not contain additives or preservatives.
Some of the ingredients in the marinade for this recipe include bell peppers, onions, and coconut. These items do not risk pregnant women unless consumed in large quantities.
I hope that you enjoy this jerk bbq sauce recipe. I prefer to use syrupy rum when making this dish, but it will work fine with any liquor you prefer.
You may also want to customize your version using different hot peppers or additional ingredients like lime juice. So if you need a jerk bbq sauce recipe, then I hope this one is a good starting point.