Japanese bbq sauce chicken recipe is a tangy and tasty chicken dish grilled on the grill. The key to this recipe is using Japanese bbq sauce, which gives it a sweet and tangy taste.
This dish can serve six to eight people, so it’s perfect for a party or barbecue. This recipe is a big hit with my family and friends. They always want me to make this recipe again, so I make it whenever possible.
I always ask for my family’s special recipe for this Japanese bbq sauce chicken recipe. They only share their secrets in the ingredients of their recipe and hide other ingredients from my eyes. This is how much love my family.
Preparing the ingredients for this Japanese bbq sauce chicken recipe is easy, and you can cook it yourself. It is not a problem if you are busy during the weekdays because this dish takes only 45 minutes to grill.
How to make a Japanese bbq sauce chicken recipe?
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Serves: 6 to 8 people (optional)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions, optional
- 1 teaspoon minced raisins, optional
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 12 pieces of skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
How to make the Japanese bbq sauce chicken recipe?
1. Prepare the ingredients for the Japanese bbq sauce chicken recipe. Put the mayonnaise into a large bowl.
2. Add the green onions, raisins, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce. Mix well until all ingredients are combined evenly.
3. Set aside 2 tablespoons of this mixture for later use.
4. Add the chicken breasts into a zip lock plastic bag.
5. Pour the remaining mixture into the bag, seal it and knead it until the chicken is well coated with this mixture.
6. Put the chicken into an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
7. Preheat your grill for about 6 minutes before you place the chicken on the grill for about 30 minutes, turning them frequently so that they get cooked evenly on all sides.
8. Put the chicken onto a board, and cut it into 4-inch long pieces.
9. Put them into a serving dish and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of grated orange zest on the top of each piece.
10. Serve with rice and sesame seeds for garnish if you like.
Nutrition facts of Japanese bbq sauce chicken recipe
- Calories: 205.7
- Total fat: 3.2 g
- Saturated fat: 0.5 g
- Protein: 38.3 g
- Carbohydrate: 4.3 g
- Cholesterol: 2.6 mg
- Sodium: 702.1 mg
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Iron: 0.7 mg
Best 7 Serving Ideas for Japanese bbq sauce chicken recipe
Here are 7 serving ideas for the Japanese bbq sauce chicken recipe:
1. Served with grated ginger
Japanese bbq sauce chicken recipe served with shredded ginger is a very refreshing dish.
You can make it by grating 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger onto the chicken before serving. It goes well with rice and sesame seeds too.
2. Served with rice
Japanese bbq sauce chicken recipe goes well with any rice, such as white rice and brown rice. My family loves to eat them with white rice.
3. Served with egg noodles
Pan-fried egg noodles are a good choice for camping when you have to make food on the go. You can choose different noodles for your version of this Japanese bbq sauce chicken recipe.
4. Served with crackers or breadsticks
The Japanese bbq sauce chicken recipe goes well with a cup of wine or tea. It is also one of my favorite snacks before I go to bed at night. It makes me feel sleepy and yummy.
5. Served with salad
A Japanese bbq sauce chicken recipe goes well with almost any kind of salad. You can choose a tossed or composed salad that you like to eat.
My family likes to eat this dish with potato salad because we love potatoes (they are the most popular vegetable in The United States).
6. Served with vegetables
You can choose vegetables for your version of this Japanese bbq sauce chicken recipe. It’s up to your imagination and taste. You can also serve it with your favorite potato salad to make a perfect meal.
7. Served with fruit
This dish is best served with fresh fruit and pineapple juice if you like these ingredients. You can also try it with other fruits depending on your preference. It goes well with any fruit.
Thank you for reading my Japanese bbq sauce chicken recipe. I hope this recipe will be your favorite recipe.
If you like this recipe, please do not hesitate to share it with your friends and family. All information about the ingredients and the directions are below for easy access.
This article helps you know how to make a Japanese bbq sauce chicken recipe. It contains step-by-step pictures and easy-to-follow directions to help you learn how to prepare.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in other food recipes, such as the Jamaican jerk and Korean chicken recipes.
Enjoy your food, and have a nice day!