El pato sauce recipes are a classic Latin American sauce that is the perfect combination of sour, spicy, and sweet. It’s easy to make with ingredients like tomato sauce, white vinegar, brown sugar, and spices like cayenne pepper.
There are hundreds of variations of this condiment, but this article will help you start by explaining how to make it at home with fresh ingredients.
Don’t worry if you don’t have any fresh poultry to substitute for this sauce. Most versions use either chicken or pork as the meat base for the sauce, and you can easily substitute chicken or pork for other types of meat.
How to make El pato sauce recipes?
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 6 people
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp ground cumin
1. Dice the fresh tomatoes and combine them with the rest of the ingredients with a cup of water in a saucepan. Cook on low heat, covered, for 35 minutes or until thickened.
2. Stir the mixture while it cooks, and then remove it from the heat before serving.
3. Serve this el pato sauce recipe over your favorite meat or as a dipping sauce with chips or appetizers.
Tips for making El pato sauce at home:
1. This recipe calls for fresh tomatoes, but you can use canned whole tomatoes instead if you don’t have access to fresh ones.
2. Other common additions to this sauce include soy sauce, paprika, tomato paste, or chili pepper. If you want to add any of these things, use them in place of salt or vinegar.
3. You can use any meat as a substitute for chicken or turkey if you don’t have any fresh poultry on hand.
Nutrition Facts of El pato sauce recipes
- Calories: 45
- Total Fat: 1.8g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 105mg
- Carbohydrates: 8.8g
- Potassium: 157mg
- Protein: 1.6g
7 Health Benefits of El pato sauce recipes
1. Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants and help to promote good heart health by lowering triglyceride levels and boosting HDL cholesterol.
2. Cayenne peppers contain 3 times more vitamin C than oranges, keeping your immune system functioning well and preventing infections like colds and flu.
3. Cumin is proven to have many disease-fighting properties, including antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and a very effective anticancer effect against tumor growth, according to new research published in Experimental & Toxicologic Pathology journal.
4. White vinegar is a source of calcium and potassium essential for healthy blood pressure.
5. White or red meat is a complete protein high in vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. This can be beneficial for anyone looking to lose weight, especially if trying to cut out carbs from your diet, such as pasta and bread.
6. Tomato sauce has anti-inflammatory benefits that help the body fight off cancerous growth in the colon, according to new research published in Redox Biology.
7. Tomato sauce is also a good source of fiber and iron, making it a great addition to any meal.
Can I Freeze El pato sauce recipes?
Freeze El pato sauce and reheat it when you’re ready to eat.
Can I use fresh or canned tomatoes in this El pato sauce recipe?
It depends on the recipe. Some recipes call for fresh tomatoes, but others use canned whole tomatoes.
Is El pato sauce a healthy choice?
Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants and other nutrients, but the amount of salt and sugar in this recipe isn’t as healthy as adding them separately to your food.
What can I serve El pato sauce with?
El pato sauce makes a great dipping sauce for tortilla chips or nachos, or you can use it as a topping over rice and beans, fish, steak, or chicken. It’s also good with salads and sandwiches.
How long do you cook el pato sauce?
Cook it on low heat in a covered saucepan for 35 minutes or until thickened. Stir the mixture while it cooks, and then remove it from the heat before serving.
Is El pato sauce recipes Gluten-Free?
Yes, El pato sauce recipes are gluten-free.
Is It Good for Heart patients?
If you decide to use the recipe for El Pato sauce, it will be a good source of antioxidants and vitamins such as Vitamin C and potassium. Eating tomatoes is also associated with a lower risk of developing heart disease.
Is It Good for Cancer patients?
According to research published in Redox Biology, tomatoes have many benefits to offer cancer patients by helping fight free radicals that are believed to increase the risk of developing cancerous growth in the colon, prostate, or breast.
Is El pato sauce recipes Paleo?
This recipe is paleo. Many paleo recipes use tomato paste or tomato sauce as a base instead of fresh tomatoes, but this one uses fresh tomatoes.
Is It Good for gut health?
Gut health refers to the overall healthy balance of your gastrointestinal system, and it’s influenced by what you eat, how much you exercise, and whether you maintain a healthy weight.
The El Pato sauce recipe is a good source of fiber and iron, which can help contribute to a healthy gut.
What is El Pato sauce made of?
El pato sauce is a Mexican condiment traditionally served with tortilla chips or over rice, beans, and grilled meats. It’s part of the spicy chili pepper family. The name comes from the Spanish translation for “goosefoot.”
This recipe is very easy to make, and it’s one you can use to spice up your home cooking or serve as a meal on its own.
El pato sauce recipes are a great addition to any Mexican dish, especially when served with your favorite meats and veggies.
I hope this recipe will help you make the best El pato sauce recipe, and if you give it a try, please leave me a comment below.