The Cherry hot sauce recipe is a fruity, sweet, and spicy sauce that is great for dipping French fries or drizzling over chips.
It’s a great addition to a romantic date as well. The cherries give it a splash of color, and the hot sauce gives it some heat.
It’s also very easy to make, making this cherry hot sauce recipe perfect for anyone who wants to take their homemade cooking up a notch.
It has the potential to be a well-received gift for friends or family. This recipe is flexible and can easily be changed with the quality of ingredients you use.
For instance, some people may prefer more or less heat. If you are making the sauce for an audience, feel free to tweak it as you desire, making it hotter or milder.
It is also vegan, so vegans and lactose-intolerant people need not worry about this sauce being a part of their diet.
How to make a Cherry hot sauce recipe?
This recipe will give you a sweet, tangy, and spicy sauce that’s great for all sorts of dishes.
Here’s a simple recipe:
- 2 cups fresh cherries, pitted
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3-4 hot peppers (choose according to your preferred heat level, jalapeños for medium heat, habaneros for high heat)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pit the cherries and slice your hot peppers. If you want a milder sauce, remove the seeds from the peppers.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine cherries, sliced peppers, garlic, apple cider vinegar, water, sugar, and salt.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cherries are very soft.
- Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or use an immersion blender in the pot. Blend until smooth. If the sauce is thicker than you’d like, you can add a bit more water or vinegar.
- If you want a smoother sauce, you can strain it through a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth to remove any remaining solids.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. If it’s not sweet enough, add a bit more sugar; if it’s not spicy enough, add a bit more pepper; if it’s not tangy enough, add a bit more vinegar.
- Pour into a sterilized jar and store in the refrigerator. It should last for a few weeks.
Enjoy this hot sauce with your favorite dishes! It’s particularly good with grilled meats, tacos, or as a dipping sauce.
- Calories: 135 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 22.4 g
- Sodium: 1217 mg
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 0.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sugar: 11.3 g
- Fat: 5.1 g (0.9 g saturated)
Amazing 7 Health Benefits
Here are 7 health benefits of the cherry hot sauce recipe.
1. Heart disease
The oil and sugar used in this sauce can help reduce bad cholesterol (LDL cholesterol), which plays a major role in heart disease.
It also reduces bad fats (triglycerides), significantly affecting cardiovascular disease.
Cherry hot sauce is rich in vitamin A, which may help prevent type 2 diabetes and other antioxidants that can protect against insulin resistance and the build-up of fatty substances in the blood vessels of patients with type 2 diabetes.
Inflammation is one of the leading causes of cancer, heart disease, and auto-immune diseases like arthritis. The cherries in the cherry hot sauce recipe contain antioxidants that reduce inflammation in the body.
Cherries contain melatonin, a hormone that can prevent aging and enhance cellular repair and growth. In fighting cancer, preventing oxidative damage can help lower the risk of malignancies.
5. Eye health
The anthocyanins, antioxidants responsible for the red color in cherries, have been shown to protect the eye from macular degeneration, cataracts, and even glaucoma.
They may also improve blood flow to the eye and prevent night blindness.
5. Blood pressure
A Journal of Nutrition and Diabetes study suggests that anthocyanin-rich cherry extract can help lower blood pressure by blocking certain enzymes that raise blood pressure.
6. Digestive Health
Studies have shown that anthocyanins and other phytochemicals in cherries can improve cholesterol scores and lower the risk of developing gout and kidney stones.
It may also help improve digestion and reduce inflammation that can cause IBS.
7. Skin health
The antioxidants in cherries can help improve skin complexion by preventing sun damage, premature wrinkling, and aging and reducing the risk of developing skin cancer.
Cherry hot sauce is a delicious, healthy addition to any meal. This hot sauce could be the ticket if you want to add some extra color and flavor to your food.
It’s also great for snacking or putting on food as a dipping sauce. This article helps you to make informative facts about the cherry hot sauce recipe.
This article is about this topic. I hope you enjoyed reading this article. Please comment below and share it with your friends if you liked it.
Thanks for reading.