The Cherry bourbon bbq sauce recipe is a delicious and tangy sauce that can be used on chicken, ribs, pork chops, or even as a dip with tortilla chips. One of my favorite BBQ sauces to serve at our weekly get-togethers.
Not only does it look stunning in a glass jar but the aroma of this sauce is heavenly. We use it to top everything from hot dogs to our favorite chicken wings. The amazing cherry bourbon bbq sauce recipe is a family favorite that we have adapted slightly to suit our taste buds.
We are going to share the cherry bourbon bbq sauce recipe with you, but first, let us give you some background information and a few tips so that you can make this delicious cherry barbecue sauce at home. It is one of the best homemade BBQ sauces that you will come across.
How To Prepare Cherry Bourbon Bbq Sauce Recipe?
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
- Food processor/blender
- 1 cup of cherries pureed
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Bourbon or Brandy
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 cup bourbon or brandy for flavoring
- 6 tablespoons tomato puree (can be substituted with ketchup)
1. Place 2 tablespoons of corn syrup and 1/2 cup of brown sugar in a medium-sized pot and stir.
2. Add the cherry puree except for the pulp and bring to a boil over medium heat, rate of speed at a very slow boil until the mixture turns into a golden caramel color.
Don’t be impatient if it takes about 20 minutes to reach this point, just keep an eye and make sure it does not burn at the bottom of the pot.
3. Turn off and quickly stir in the cocoa powder and black pepper. Add bourbon or brandy and stir again until well blended with the cherries.
4. Add tomato puree and bring back to a boil over medium heat, rate of speed at a very slow boil being careful not to let it burn. Stir frequently while it is coming to a boil again. Be careful when adding tomato puree as it can cause the sauce to bubble and bubble quickly.
5. Turn off the heat and let it cool. Transfer the contents to a food processor or blender and process until smooth. The sauce can be stored in a glass jar in the refrigerator for a long period of time
Nutrition Facts Of Cherry Bourbon Bbq Sauce Recipe
- Calories: 145.0
- Total Fat: 0.1 g < 1%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 10.0 mg < 1%
- Potassium: 85.1 mg 2%
- Total Carbohydrate: 33.2 g 11%
- Dietary Fiber: 2.8 g 10%
- Sugars: 30
6 Health Benefits Of Cherry Bourbon Bbq Sauce Recipe
1. Cold or flu
During cold and flu season, cherries are a great source of Vitamin C. They also contain chewing gum, which helps increase immunity to harmful microbes.
2. Kidney stones
The antioxidants in cherries can help dissolve kidney stones and lower the risk of kidney stone recurrence.
3. Heart disease & diabetes
A study found that people who eat cherries have a 50% lower risk for heart disease and diabetes. Both cherries and tart cherry juice have been shown to help reduce cholesterol levels and blood pressure. 3.5 Adopt a heart-healthy diet with cherries
Cherries contain anthocyanin, an antioxidant that helps reduce joint inflammation. In one study, participants who ate cherries had less pain and stiffness than those who didn’t.
5. Weight loss
Cherries are low in calories and high in fiber, making them a great snack for losing weight and keeping your weight under control.
6. Cherry pitted
This fruit has the highest levels of antioxidants of all fruits and vegetables.
How To Make More Delicious?
The Cherry bourbon bbq sauce recipe can be made using ketchup instead of the tomato puree. For those who prefer a less spicy version of this dip, you can replace the black pepper with oregano and mix in about 1 cup of chopped mushroom for extra flavor.
So we hope you will enjoy this cherry bourbon bbq sauce recipe and that you will try and make it yourself. It is so easy to make, and the taste is just amazing.
One more thing…
We do hope that you will share this cherry bourbon bbq sauce recipe with your friends and family, especially with those who have a knack for cooking or baking. You can help them by giving them the information they need to use when making this cherry barbecue sauce recipe at home.