The Cashew chicken plum sauce recipe is easy to follow and delicious. It will leave your family wanting more and more. Perfect for a quick mid-day meal or a perfect side with your Chinese food or Asian-style dishes.
You can get creative by adding fresh basil, ginger, or cilantro for some extra yummy flavor. Great with a side of rice or noodles.
It is sure to please the whole family. Kids, as well as adults, will love this dish. This recipe is versatile and can be prepared with just a few simple ingredients in no time.
This sauce works great on chicken, seafood, and vegetables. The delicate sweetness of the plum sauce has just the right amount of tanginess that goes so well with the savory chicken.
You can marinate your meat in this sauce or pour it over the chicken and vegetables. For an added flavor twist to this recipe, you can add a teaspoon of garlic chili paste while cooking your dish.
This recipe is healthy and easy to follow. If you are looking for a great weeknight meal, this Cashew chicken plum sauce recipe is perfect.
How to make the Cashew chicken plum sauce recipe?
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups cashew nuts, lightly roasted and ground to a thick paste with mortar and pestle (or use a food processor or blender)
- 4 tbsp plum sauce (recipe above)
- 3 tsp cornstarch mixed with 3/4 cup water
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Marinate the chicken in half of the plum sauce while letting it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour, or cover and refrigerate overnight, if possible.
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl until the sauce is smooth. Place chicken in a baking dish, pour sauce over the chicken and mix until it is evenly coated.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium-low heat and saute garlic until fragrant but not browned.
4. Pour the sauce mixture into the pan and reduce heat to low, stirring constantly. Add soy sauce and cook for 1 minute or so until thickening slightly.
5. Cover with foil and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, turning halfway through cooking time.)
Serve with rice or noodle.
Nutrition facts of Cashew chicken plum sauce recipe
- Calories: 356
- Fat: 20.6g
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Carbohydrates: 11.5g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 42.2g
Best 7 Health Benefits of Cashew chicken plum sauce recipe
Here are 7 amazing benefits of the Cashew chicken plum sauce recipe.
Cashew chicken plum sauce recipes and types of Cashew chicken plum sauce recipes are low-fat options for those who wish to limit the fat intake in their diet.
2. Heart Health
This dish is very high in antioxidant vitamin E and iron. The monounsaturated fats found in cashew nuts help improve blood cholesterol and circulation, making it a heart-healthy option.
3. Weight Loss
There are fewer calories in cashew chicken plum sauce than in other types of chicken.
4. Prevents Tooth Decay
Cashews are said to keep plaque from forming on the teeth and help lower the risk of osteoporosis by boosting bone density.
Those who avoid sugar and refined carbohydrates should consider including cashews in their diet as they may help prevent heart disease and cancer.
5. Prevents cancer
Researchers have determined that cashews are high in antioxidants and other nutrients that can help protect the body against developing cancer cells and heart disease.
6. Rich in Magnesium and Potassium
Cashew chicken plum sauce recipes contain protein, magnesium, iron, calcium, and potassium. These nutrients are good for the proper functioning of the brain, nerves, kidneys, and heart health.
When included in this diet plan, the zinc found in cashews is also a good option for fighting colds and infections.
7. Prevents Vitamin Deficiency
The iron content of cashews helps prevent this mineral’s deficiency, especially in women. This can help to prevent anemia and boost energy levels.
The vitamin E found in cashews also helps to protect cell membranes by blocking the action of free radicals. This is crucial for the proper functioning of the heart, blood vessels, brain, and muscles.
A decent meal is important for a healthy lifestyle. You don’t have to go out to eat at expensive restaurants or even pay an enormous amount for grocery shopping.
A simple meal can be prepared at home by using the best ingredients. The Cashew chicken plum sauce recipe is easy to follow and delicious.
This article helps you to understand how to choose food and develop a healthy diet. A healthy lifestyle will keep you fit and happy.