Calypso cafe Nashville bbq sauce recipe is a great sauce for the grill. It is a combo of hickory-smoked bacon and honey in a thick, dark sauce for your ribs, chicken, or turkey. This recipe has been in my family for years and is easy to remember.
I use this BBQ sauce whenever I want to do anything with meat on the grill. Think of it as a barbecue favorite. It has that touch of sweetness and the authentic taste of hickory smoke.
We like to use it on our chicken wings and ribs, but you can use it on any meat you like. I was looking at some recipes online the other day, and everyone has their idea of what a great sauce should be like.
How To Prepare The Calypso Cafe Nashville Bbq Sauce Recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves minced finely
- 1 tablespoon molasses (not blackstrap)
- 1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
Put the saucepan on the stovetop, add 1⁄2 cup of water, and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients except the meat. Add all of the meat to this sauce and mix thoroughly.
Cover and refrigerate at least two hours before serving. For best results, let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before grilling to allow it to thicken up a bit.
Before serving, heat the sauce on the stovetop until it sizzles. Take the excess sauce and spread it on the cooked meat. You can also brush your meat with this before you cook it, but I like to baste my meat while it is on the grill.
If there is any leftover sauce, refrigerate or freeze it for later use. This recipe should last a couple of weeks in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Facts Of Calypso Cafe Nashville Bbq Sauce Recipe
- Calories: 135
- Total Fat: 7 grams
- Saturated fat: 4 grams
- Unsaturated fat: 2 grams
- Cholesterol: 31 milligrams
- Sodium: 93 milligrams
- Carbohydrates: 13 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 1 gram
8 Amazing Serving Ideas About Calypso Cafe Nashville Bbq Sauce Recipe
1. Try it as a topping on eggs. Add some chicken, ham, or bacon to your scrambled eggs, and add the calypso sauce. It’s a yummy combination.
2. If you are looking for delicious side dishes, try these: roasted sweet potatoes, green beans and tomatoes, macaroni salad, and hamburgers.
3. Another great dish would be to serve it with grilled pork chops and baked beans – all my family loves that combo!
4. Check out the recipe for this amazing barbecue chicken pizza.
5. Another dish we often have is this calypso cafe Nashville bbq sauce recipe on hot dogs!
6. If you love burgers, try this combination of smoked chicken, mozzarella cheese, basil pesto, and oven-baked fries. So yummy!
7. Here’s another great idea: wrap grilled shrimp with lettuce leaves and drizzle with this sauce. It is going to be the best Piri Piri shrimp ever!
8. And if you are looking for a sweeter sauce, try mixing it with some barbecue sauce and pouring it on top of the chicken wings.
How To Make More Delicious?
The best ways to make this dish more delicious are to use higher quality honey or add more bacon. The more bacon you use, the better the flavor it adds to your dish.
Try doubling up on the recipe so you can have a bigger supply and save some time in cooking when you have guests over!
Is It, Suitable for Heart patients?
Some studies show that honey is one of the most healthy foods in the world. It is one of the few foods that have been shown to have a drop in blood sugar after eating.
This sweet, thick sauce is made with real ingredients and tastes like the barbecue sauce you get at your favorite restaurant.
Now you know how to make the calypso cafe Nashville bbq sauce recipe. Try this quick and easy recipe on your next barbecue, and let me know what you think about it by leaving your comments below. If you like this recipe, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest