Bachan’s bbq sauce chicken recipe is a spicy sauce that goes well with chicken for dipping or for taking to a BBQ.
This is one of Bachan’s favorite foods, and he has been making it for as long as he can remember. The best part about this recipe is that you can make it ahead of time and keep it in your fridge. That way, people love it when they are hungry.
This Bachan’s bbq sauce chicken recipe is an adaptation of the recipe Bachan used to make. It is much easier to make, but in the end, it is still a delicious meal.
It has a spicy, tangy, and sweet taste. The sweetness is mostly from brown sugar. Bachan likes to eat it with rice, but most people like it dipping the chicken.
How to make Bachan’s bbq sauce chicken recipe?
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
1. Place the chicken in a 2-quart saucepan. Add water and cook on medium heat until chicken is cooked through about 20 minutes.
1. Remove the cooked chicken from the saucepan and place it in a bowl. Use two forks to shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
2. Add ketchup and mix sugar, water, vinegar, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, and paprika in a small bowl.
3. Pour the sauce over the chicken and mix well.
4. Put half of the chicken in a large ziplock bag, and add the other half to a bowl.
5. Place both bags inside a second large zip lock bag and seal shut. Refrigerate until ready to use.
6. When ready to serve, heat medium-high and place one cup of sauce in the bottom of a large skillet or barbecue pan.
7. Place chicken on top of the sauce in the pan and cook for about 10 minutes.
8. Turn the chicken over and cook for another 5 minutes.
9. Serve immediately with rice or your favorite side dishes.
This meal will have a spicy taste, but it is not too spicy to eat, even though you can taste the chili powder.
There is also an Oriental taste that comes out as it cooks on high heat.
Nutrition facts of Bachan’s bbq sauce chicken recipe
- Calories: 300
- Total fat: 8g
- Sodium: 779mg
- Protein: 47g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 1g
Best 5 Serving Ideas for Bachan’s bbq sauce chicken recipe
Here are 5 ways to use this recipe. These are all ways Bachan uses or what he has used for his family and friends.
1. Served with rice
Bachan’s bbq sauce chicken recipe served with rice is a great meal. Usually, Bachan will serve the chicken in small servings and then serve some rice on the side, or he will put it all in one serving. It is a delicious meal that goes well with white rice.
2. Served with pasta, fruits, and vegetables
Mix rice with pasta and cottage cheese, then add the chicken and other fruits and vegetables. The nice thing about this meal is that it is healthy, quick, and delicious.
3. Served with fish
Bachan’s bbq sauce chicken recipe is also delicious with fish. It does not matter if you are using wild-caught salmon or the best salmon brands available on the market today.
A grilled piece of fish goes well with his bbq sauce chicken recipe because of its spicy flavor.
4. Served with steamed vegetables
Bachan’s bbq sauce chicken recipe also goes well with steamed vegetables. It balances the extra spicy taste of the chicken.
5. Served with noodles and cheese
Add some macaroni, cheese, or spaghetti, and you have a yummy meal that Bachan’s bbq sauce chicken recipe goes well with. You can even add bread if you like to have bread when eating noodles or cheese.
This is one of Bachan’s favorite foods making it for as long as he can remember. His family loves it, but the best part about this recipe is that you can make it ahead of time and keep it in your fridge.
That way, people love it when they are hungry. Bachan’s bbq sauce chicken recipe will be a delicious meal or party dish you can make when looking for something different to serve.
This article helps you understand Bachan’s bbq sauce chicken recipe. If you want to know more, click the button to find more recipes.
You can also find the products Bachan uses to make this meal at the top of the page.